ACTIVE SHOOTER RESPONSE
Schools must become pro-active, not reactive, in making staff and students aware of key principles that will empower them to make life-saving decisions in the heat of the moment that will buy time and save lives.
Preventing an active shooter situation is impossible. There is no demographic or profile that will predict where the next situation might occur. However, when lightning strikes, your employees must be able to respond with simple steps to keep themselves safe. It requires building a culture of people who have a mental awareness of their surroundings and clearly defined action steps. Properly training employees is a necessary component in empowering them to know what to do and be able to save the lives of their students.
"Unlike a defined crime, such as a murder or mass killing, the active aspect inherently implies that both law enforcement personnel AND citizens have the potential to affect the outcome of the event based upon their responses." -FBI, 2013
• Experience just how effective one's actions can be in an active shooter event.
• Learn how to plan and implement survival techniques in the classroom without scaring the students.
• Identify what actions saved the lives of victims in past shootings and how teachers can be the most effective in helping students survive.
• Prepare mentally and physically for an active attack through scripting and practicing.
• Recognize and Understand the FBI’s Recommended Principals for Surviving an Active Shooter Situation: Run(Avoid), Hide(Deny), Fight(Defend).
“We thought we had a very good emergency response plan for our district, but TBG made us aware of options that will enable us to protect everyone. Our School System would highly recommend TBG Solutions for this training as well as the highly skilled presenter who made all the difference in the world.”
Hale County Board of Education