ACTIVE SHOOTER RESPONSE
Agencies must become pro-active, not reactive, in making staff and employees aware of key principles that will empower them to make life-saving decisions in the heat of the moment that will buy time and save lives.
Preventing an active shooter situation is impossible. There is no demographic or profile that will predict where the next situation might occur. However, when lightning strikes, your employees must be able to respond with simple steps to keep themselves safe. It requires building a culture of people who have a mental awareness of their surroundings and clearly defined action steps. Properly training employees is a necessary component in empowering them to know what to do.
"Unlike a defined crime, such as a murder or mass killing, the active aspect inherently implies that both law enforcement personnel AND citizens have the potential to affect the outcome of the event based upon their responses." -FBI, 2013
• Experience just how effective one's actions can be in an active shooter event.
• Learn how to plan and implement survival techniques in the office without scaring the staff.
• Identify what actions saved the lives of victims in past shootings.
• Prepare mentally and physically for an active attack through scripting and practicing.
• Recognize and Understand the FBI’s Recommended Principals for Surviving an Active Shooter Situation: Run(Avoid), Hide(Deny), Fight(Defend).
“Safety is a primary focus at Quincy Compressor, and in today’s world, awareness is the key to keeping employees working safely. TBG Solutions’ Active Shooter training delivered easily adopted preparedness and allowed our employees to consider real-world scenarios in a proactive way. Mark Seguin challenged attendees to think fast on their feet, driving the point home that preparedness saves lives. We highly recommend this session to businesses looking to impact to their employees in a positive way and improve life skills inside and outside of the workplace.”